The time to make choices about your end-of-life care is when you feel well and have the facts you need. These resources will help you.
- CPR – This fact sheet can help you decide if you want CPR when your heart or lungs stop working.
- Tube feeding – This fact sheet can help you decide if you want to try tube feeding.
- Breathing machines – Learn about ventilators and the options that can help you breathe more comfortably.
- The Conversation Project (external site) – This organization is dedicated to helping people talk about their wishes for end-of-life care.
- Talking about death brings end-of-life benefits (external site) – NBC’s Brian Williams shares the touching story of a family discussing how much end-of-life care planning helped them.
- Advance Care Planning conversations (external site) – Listen to real-life stories and thoughts from researchers, health professionals and family members about sharing our thoughts for end-of-life care.
- Gaining strength (external site) – Talking about end-of-life and putting your decisions in writing helps your family and physician carry out your wishes.
- More helpful videos from the California HealthCare Foundation (external site).